I'm an artist in Alabama doing watercolors, and graphic arts on my computer. I hope you will follow my every day adventures with art! Join us at http://www.ciaswatercolorfriends.ning.com a social network dedicated to promoting the art of watercolor! Cecilia

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Exploring Painting Florals in Watercolor


I think it's time to write some more. I'm still exploring florals in watercolor. I think I may be only beginning to get the hang of it.
Here I will post some of the recent ones. This is a quarter sheet of Arches 140 cp. I discovered a remarkable tool yesterday with this one. It's the lowly Q-tip, store brand. Really helps lift out those smaller light areas, and when it's got some paint on it, throw it away and get a new one!

With florals, it's all about luminosity I believe.

I've begun a new one today, and I think that my shadows look muddy, I will continue to work on it and hope I have not already ruined it!

Cia


No comments: